home sellers package
Introducing LEAP’s Home Sellers Package
Put a premium on your home.
Whether you think you’ll sell your house in a year or a decade or just need to refinance, we all take steps to increase the value of our homes. A fresh paint job, granite countertops, state-of-the-art appliances, you name it. Increasingly, homeowners are seeing their home value jump after certified home energy improvements — like insulation, air sealing, high-efficiency heating and cooling equipment, and duct sealing through the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program — just as buyers are putting a premium on those features.
And with LEAP’s Home Sellers Package, you can ensure that any steps you have taken to make your home more energy efficient are accounted for by realtors, appraisers, mortgage bankers and potential buyers. The core of the package is the new AI Reports Residential Green and Energy Efficient Addendum administered by The Appraisal Institute, a global membership association of professional real estate appraisers throughout the world. Based on our technical expertise and sponsorship of Home Performance with ENERGY STAR in central and northern Virginia, LEAP is qualified to document and certify the addendum for homeowners. No longer will your home’s energy efficient features go unnoticed and undervalued. View the Appraisal Addendum here.
The Home Sellers Package includes:
- An Energy Efficiency Inventory with a complimentary Home Energy Check-up
- Completion of the AI Reports Residential Green and Energy Efficient Appraisal Addendum
- One-page promotional flyer to share with potential buyers
This service is available for $250.
We are pleased to be at the forefront of efforts to transform the real estate marketplace, so that the investments you make in your home are maximized in every possible way. Market trends underscore the value of this approach:
- Existing homes with certificates from third-party companies for sustainability and energy efficiency (i.e. LEED for Homes, ENERGY STAR, EarthCraft) sold for 3-9% more than similar houses without certificates and spent 18 days less time on the market, according to a study by the Earth Advantage Institute.
- Similar results of a 9% premium on “green home labels” was found by researchers the University of California -Berkeley and UCLA.
- The National Association of Home Builders found that 90% of people say energy efficiency is important when buying or selling a house, and 73% say projected energy costs would sway their decision to buy a house.