Dominion Virginia Power’s Income-Qualified Weatherization Programs
LEAP is proud to be the local provider of new income-qualified weatherization programs for City of Charlottesville and Albemarle County Dominion customers. These programs are available to qualified owners and renters who have permission to make improvements to their residence. Eligible residences can be single-family, multi-family, or mobile homes.
As of September 1, 2015, EnergyShare for Dominion Virginia Power has significantly expanded the program to provide weatherization services to qualified homeowners.
To help save on energy costs, qualifying customers will receive a free energy assessment and free energy-saving measures that may include:
- ENERGY STAR® qualified LED light bulbs
- Efficient, low-flow showerheads
- Efficient, low-flow faucet aerators
- Pipe wrap insulation for hot water pipes
- Attic insulation and air sealing
- Heat pump and AC tune-up
Eligible applicants must meet ONE of the following criteria:
- A household income threshold of 60% of the state median income
- A household income threshold for those over 60 years of age is set at 120% of the state median income
- A member of the household is currently receiving disability payments or supplemental income payments from the Social Security Administration
- A member of the household is currently receiving disability payments from the Veteran’s Administration
- The account holder has received assistance payments from the Veteran’s Administration
- The account holder has received assistance payments from EnergyShare within the past year
- The account holder or member of the household is otherwise currently receiving disability payments from a federal or state agency
If your household qualifies, please give us a call at 434-227-4666 or email us at email@example.com.
What to Expect:
- A no cost in-home energy assessment performed by one of LEAP’s expert building analysts (2 hours)
- A custom report recommending energy saving products
- Installation of selected improvements that your home qualifies for at no cost to you (1-2 days)
- A post-installation visit from LEAP to ensure that the improvements were installed to our high-standards and to test the efficacy of the improvements (1 hour)