We bring clean energy solutions to your business
LEAP is well known for our work with 2000+ homeowners in central Virginia, but did you know we bring the same expertise and support to business and commercial property owners who want to lower operating costs? Energy conservation is the most cost-effective way to reduce energy bills. Not only that, any energy-efficiency measure is also a CO2 reduction measure.
LEAP’s turn-key program can reduce your energy usage and the associated costs. Results: more profitability and enhanced public image.
We offer CEVA businesses presentations, one-on-one consultations, walk-through energy assessments, benchmarking, qualified contractors, financing resources, and support for renewable energy solutions.
Read the March 2016 press release announcing this revamped program.
Download an informational flyer about the loans.
The Clean Energy Loan Fund
LEAP is proud to partner with the UVA Community Credit Union to offer businesses located in the City of Charlottesville rates as low as 0% interest for energy efficiency or renewable energy project loans. Through a generous grant from the City of Charlottesville, LEAP offers City business owners a rate reduction program for up to $60,000 at 0%. Terms of either 3 or 5 years, secured or unsecured depending on loan amount. For a list of eligible improvements: CELF-Eligible-Measures-022616
Some of the local businesses that have worked with LEAP to date:
Covenant School (lower school campus: Removed window AC units and installed an efficient central HVAC system
- Mudhouse Coffee Shop (Downtown Mall): Switched to LED lighting and installed efficient equipment
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater Charlottesville: Replaced windows, roof materials and HVAC systems
- Jean Theory: Switched to LED lights
- McCallum and Kudravetz Law Firm: Replaced old and inefficient HVAC units.
- Alloy Workshop: increased their efficiency investment while updating their offices.
- University Montessori: Installed efficiency building systems and added insulation.
- Cedars Court: Office complex replaced an inefficient rooftop unit.
- Fork Union Baptist Church
- Innisfree Village
- Westminster Presbyterian Church (Rugby Road, Charlottesville)
- On Our Own
- Barrett Early Learning Center
“LEAP has played an integral role in helping Alloy to reach our energy efficiency and sustainability goals. From coordinating energy rebates during the renovation of our new office space to acting as a catalyst and supporter in the Better Business Challenge, LEAP helped us to save energy and reduce costs, an outcome that’s good for business and the environment!” Alloy Workshop
“Like many older buildings, it was time for us to overhaul our heating and cooling systems. There were literally some days we could not use portions of our building because they were either too hot or too cold. It just made a lot of common sense and while the immediate issue was energy savings, we not only enhanced our sustainability – we made the classrooms far more comfortable. It’s a better learning environment for our kids.” – Dr. Mo Gaffney, Headmaster, Covenant Lower School